Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 08, 2021, 10:51:10 PM

Changing the tuning on Weber 32/36

This is a discussion for the topic Changing the tuning on Weber 32/36 on the board Beach Buggy Engine and Exhaust Help.

Author Topic: Changing the tuning on Weber 32/36  (Read 2014 times)

this user is offline ajp

• Beach Buggy
  • Cambridge
  • GP MK1
Reply #30 on: October 28, 2018, 08:54:56 PM
Thanks Keith, I'll keep experimenting.

Buggy's great - we really enjoy it. My wife and I went off to a car meet at a cafe about 25 miles away at half9 this morning - hats, gloves & layers were the order of the day. On the way back home, Pauline suggested we went somewhere else for lunch rather than rushing back  :D yay, another buggy convert in the missus!!

this user is offline Zip Buggy

• Buggy Meister
  • Bourne, Lincs
  • FF Buggy LWB
    • Zip Buddy
Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 12:26:52 AM
I've enjoyed playing around with my carb. I've read all I could find on the web and taken it apart more than once, played with multiple jet combinations, put in a new diaphragm and cleaned it many times, but never managed to fully tune out the low rev stumble off idle.

I think that I may that I got to then bottom if the issue today though. I read somewhere about throttle shaft play and checked mine after a great, but cold, 60 mile run out this morning and sure enough there it is. When the cable first pulls the throttle linkage against the return spring there is a noticeable change in revs before the throttle spindle turns. Pushing the spindle nut with my thumb does the same thing.

Presumably this play leads to a momentary vacuum leak that would cause a lean spot and therefore the stumble?

Not sure whether DFEV carbs can be modified to take out the play - anyone ever fixed this?

Off to do more reading...or look for another Weber ;-)up

All good fun,
Andy
Andy I've got a progressive Weber for sale. Bought it before I then got twin 40s. It's currently on a type 4 manifold and the whole kit is virtually as new. I've got pics you're interested.
Who needs prozac when you can drive a buggy?

this user is offline 93fxdl

• Buggy Addict
  • south of glasgow
  • sand rail
Reply #32 on: October 29, 2018, 10:30:57 AM
For setting up fueling you can use a lambda sensor as a way of checking your ratio
https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=180708
Ttfn Glenn