Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2019, 01:13:36 PM

Impromptu meet Friday 7th Sept, North Elmham, Norfolk.

This is a discussion for the topic Impromptu meet Friday 7th Sept, North Elmham, Norfolk. on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: Impromptu meet Friday 7th Sept, North Elmham, Norfolk.  (Read 2349 times)

this user is offline Gaz9065

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Norwich
  • 1968 Sidewinder
on: September 01, 2018, 09:04:13 PM
If anyone is free on Friday 7th Sept at 1pm, a couple of us are having an impromptu meet at The Railway Arms. 40 Station Rd, North Elmham, Dereham NR20 5HH. All welcome to come along and have a chat about our pride and joys.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:06:40 PM by Gaz9065 »
If it has tyres or tits, it`s gonna give you problems.


this user is offline Doon L001

  • Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • ******
  • Posts: 3336
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 04:13:48 PM
Are you planning on eating at the pub?
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"


this user is offline Hunnybug

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Hunstanton, Norfolk
  • Manx
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 06:41:33 PM
I wasn't planning on eating, just a pint and a chat for me, however the weather forcast is looking grim.
Since I've owned my buggy its not been out in bad weather, I'd love to meet you guys but I'll have to cry off if it raining.
Fingers crossed it won't come to that.

I'll post on here Thursday evening my intention.



Leigh


this user is offline HUDGE BUGGY

  • Buggy Meister
  • **
  • Posts: 1338
  • Lowestoft, Suffolk
  • GP Mk2 Super Buggy LWB
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 08:39:05 PM
You'll have to join the SDBC - they don't come out either if there's a cloud in the sky ;)
WE GET OLD COS WE STOP PLAYING


this user is offline Doon L001

  • Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • ******
  • Posts: 3336
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 10:34:43 PM
Just checked the forecast for Ipswich and Dereham Friday and looks fine to me.

It's only water and a 10% chance of rain, that's 90% chance dry.

You need to be a glass half full person to have a buggy

Hudge, guess you are working Friday?
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"


this user is offline Hunnybug

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Hunstanton, Norfolk
  • Manx
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 10:49:53 PM
Yep, just watched national forcast for Friday, now looks fairly clear, I'll think positive and hope to be there Friday.  ;)
Yeeeeeehaaaa :)
Leigh


this user is offline Doon L001

  • Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • ******
  • Posts: 3336
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 03:42:38 PM
Forecast for Friday improving, now 95% chance dry  BUT took buggy out this morning forecast was dry but it was actually raining. Got home 2 hours later, still raining.

Will have dried out by Friday
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"


this user is offline Hunnybug

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Hunstanton, Norfolk
  • Manx
Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 07:51:06 PM
Hi Dave, I've been out in my buggy this morning, looked threatening but no rain, had a great time cruising the single track roads around Sandringham, Sedgford and Ringstead. Lovely part of the world to live in.
See you Friday  ;-)up

Leigh


this user is offline Gaz9065

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Norwich
  • 1968 Sidewinder
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 12:24:11 AM
I'm looking forward to it. Mine doesn't go outg in the rain because I've got to fix the wipers lol, but even then I don't think it'll go out in the wet. I'm having a mini pub crawl as in going to my local for breakfast, so lunch may not be on the cards, I'll see when I get there.
If it has tyres or tits, it`s gonna give you problems.


this user is offline Doon L001

  • Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • ******
  • Posts: 3336
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 06:23:10 PM
See you there guys, drive should dry the buggy out nicely.

We will be there a bit earlier as I cant go without food for more than 20 minutes so a 2 hour drive will have me ready to eat.
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"


this user is offline Gaz9065

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Norwich
  • 1968 Sidewinder
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 11:17:09 PM
See you there guys, drive should dry the buggy out nicely.

We will be there a bit earlier as I cant go without food for more than 20 minutes so a 2 hour drive will have me ready to eat.
I'll probably get there early too as I'm going to Fakenham to pick something up. I'll be cutting across from Guist, so not sure how long it will take to get there.
If it has tyres or tits, it`s gonna give you problems.


this user is offline Gaz9065

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Norwich
  • 1968 Sidewinder
Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 11:34:30 AM
The sun's out , but it cold out lol
If it has tyres or tits, it`s gonna give you problems.


this user is offline Hunnybug

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Hunstanton, Norfolk
  • Manx
Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 03:49:36 PM
Hi Gaz, Dave and Lyn, nice to have met you today, sorry the weather turned wet, although it's been a nice babtism for both mine and Gaz's buggy's.
What this " keep above 30 mph and you'll keep dry" I was doing 55mph still getting rained on, mined you this Norfolk rain is heavy.
Can't wait to see picture proof of our buggy's having been rained on.
Look forward to our next meet,

Leigh
Leigh


this user is offline snoopy

  • MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • ******
  • Posts: 7927
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 03:59:12 PM
Well that is good news, having buggy friends make buggy driving more fun. ;-)up the rain you have to live with at times a baseball cap keeps it out of the eyes and a squeegee for wiping the inside of the screen every so often.


this user is offline Doon L001

  • Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • ******
  • Posts: 3336
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 05:45:34 PM
We did mean 30 forward not in reverse, mind you it was blowing a gale on the way home, maybe you just couldn't outrun it.
Been home 1/2 hour, and starting to warm up

Good to see you both, pictorial proof for those who don't believe it to follow that BUGGIES DONT DISSOLVE IN RAIN

Dave and Lynn
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"