Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 07:13:20 PM

New IVA Manual?

This is a discussion for the topic New IVA Manual? on the board Beach Buggy IVA / SVA Help.

Author Topic: New IVA Manual?  (Read 1065 times)

this user is offline Halliggye

• Lanner, Cornwall
  • Not at present
on: August 24, 2018, 07:42:34 AM
Hi All

Quick question (I didn't see this elsewhere so sorry if it's been covered); I went to download the IVA manual and note that it has "Effective from September 2018" plastered across it. Does anyone know exactly what has changed?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/721533/Individual_Vehicle_Approval__IVA__inspection_manual__passenger_vehicles__M1_.pdf

Ta

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Veteran
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 10:41:36 AM
Jesus.... didn`t know this was imminent.  I hardly dare look. Knew I should have finished mine long before now... Oh well only got myself to blame. There is no doubt it will not be good news.  I have the current 2016 version. It`s a full 308 pages in length so anybodies guess whats new at the moment. I am away this weekend so will try to read through the on-line pdf as soon as I get back Monday and try to suss out what has been changed\added.  :'( :'( :'(

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 10:46:16 AM
I`m pretty sure that the last page of every IVA manual reads - Revised edition coming soon   >:(
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Veteran
  • MANX SWB
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 10:50:16 AM
Me again..... Had a quick read through..... As with any version of the manual you Must read the lot regarding M! basic.  In fact read the full things including the additional pages.  Look to the bottom left of each page and the date of the last revision for the page is stated. i.e  2009, 13, 16 etc.
So, at the moment till I look further,  I would say you should see revisions for September as 2018 where applicable.

• Buggy Veteran
  • MANX SWB
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 10:52:12 AM
I`m pretty sure that the last page of every IVA manual reads - Revised edition coming soon   >:(

Dave.... can you not get yourself on the "committee for IVA stuff and sort them out?    ;D ;D ;D

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 11:07:02 AM

Dave.... can you not get yourself on the "committee for IVA stuff and sort them out?    ;D ;D ;D

Only if you appoint me . . .   ;D 

Anyway, You are the IVA Guru on here, not me  ;)
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 11:19:05 AM
Usual job for the government amendments where I was is the bottom of the page with the issue dates and ammendment number then  a line down the side of the modified paragraph as well as the index change.

this user is online Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 12:50:20 PM
Standard revision control. At least they are good at something
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 08:41:32 PM
Don't forget the page that named anyone that carried out hand written amendments so blame could be apportioned when things went bang or didnít go bang when they should.

• Buggy Veteran
  • MANX SWB
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 03:48:46 PM
Ok.... Apologies for the delayed response to the young man who initiated this thread with a question..

Latest IVA manual revision is now live. I should not have been surprised that this was in the planning.  You can see that the September issuing takes into account changes to IVA requirements throughout the year of 2018 and emissions  for the "more recent" engines are to EU6 category now.  I don`t think I am far wrong in concluding much was in the wings prior to the announcement of the IVA consultation that was announced  in February and went through it`s paces and the re-issue in September was the accumulation of stuff "in the wings".

The manual is now in excess of 212 pages. I have looked through the best I can using my laptop as I no longer have the practical means to duplex print the pdf download. I may have missed something trawling through what is in anybodies judgement an "overweight tome".

Loopholes definitely attended to. There are several issues that I am waiting for further clarification from the local techs. Will come to this when I know just what faces me...

The revisions are to the following sections. "Fuel Tanks & Fuel Systems in General".... "External Projections"... "Seat Belts & Anchorages" ... "Lighting Systems"... "Defrost & Demist Systems", (I knew this one would come eventually)... "Masses & Dimensions".... "Safety Glass"... "Towbars"..."General Construction"..

Oh Well.... They simply want to keep me on my toes  ;D ;D ;D

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 06:55:54 PM
you will need to speed the build up as parts you have completed will be becoming failures due to updates.

• Buggy Veteran
  • MANX SWB
Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 02:13:49 PM
100% correct Keith. Already have amendments to make to stuff I had thought would get the thumbs up.