Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2018, 01:19:25 PM

the GP swb is available and need it gone

This is a discussion for the topic the GP swb is available and need it gone on the board Beach Buggies For Sale.

Author Topic: the GP swb is available and need it gone  (Read 1843 times)

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
on: July 11, 2018, 07:35:08 PM
correctly registered as a GP beach buggy in 1974 using a 1957 floor pan, now with a 72 transmission and brakes, front axle has 65-66 wider brakes fitted. all new brake hydraulics fitted and shoes n clips etc are as new, new correctly shortened brake cables fitted.
brand new Nankang 205/60 X 14 front tyres and 225/60 X 15 rears also has a set of banded rims 7 X 15 with tyres with it.
1300 twin port motor with progressive twin choke weber and silenced dual cannons.
Mazda mx5 seats and new seat belts, rear bench seat.
All new wiring looms and blade fuse boxes, the new fuel sender fitted is erratic at best so it has a calibrated dipstick.
drives well with a bit of noise transmission  due to a solid front gearbox mounting.

a solid buggy that could be improved and personalised or used as it is. starts and runs well I have done a couple of hundred miles in it. MOT tested in june but now mot exempt if you want.
no weather gear.
loads of spares for the rear lights
indicator self cancel is inop with the steering wheel boss but is has a audible warning fitted along side the light so you know they are on.
DVLA say they have processed the change from PLG to historic today so the log book is on it's way.

more photos in the members buggy section under the GP flinstone buggy so £4000 for a drive away buggy all correctly registered and legal

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:22:00 PM by snoopy »

this user is offline Oojamaflip

• Buggy Addict
  • Tamworth
  • Californian
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 04:23:12 PM
If anyone thinking of buying this you will not be disappointed well worth the money and has been meticulous put together I was looking for a Buggy but decided on a Buggy a little more expensive or this would have come to my house to stay

;-)(-;
Apparently I'm having a mid-life crisis....Lasted 30 years thus far.

LWB limited edition Californian
SWB Meyers Manx
SWB girlfriend

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 06:27:48 PM
Totally agree Oojamflip. If I was starting again I’d love to be sure I was buying a buggy you know is ‘correct’, honest, solid and a classic.

Sadly some northerner might buy it and spray if Orange....
Hugh

this user is offline pepsi81

• Buggy Meister
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 11:00:22 PM

No, purple 👍💋

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 09:04:35 AM
Keith... cannot believe you are selling it. £4K a steal..  Look at what the "dreamers" ask on ebay.. ;D

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • LL68, Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 06:37:54 PM
Keith... cannot believe you are selling it. £4K a steal..  Look at what the "dreamers" ask on ebay.. ;D

Paul, buy it, rebody it, sell the GP shell, job done!
Photos printed on genuine ILFORD® paper.

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 06:59:48 PM
Yes   thats a  logical solution   ;-)up ;-)up

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 09:15:39 PM
A rebody was tempting to make it a shiny buggy but it would then be a 6K sale not the cheap way into buggying.

this user is offline WozDvilla

• Midlands
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 01:04:42 PM
I’m a complete newbie and looking for a buggy to start me off... not really mechanically minded so wanted something the I can drive away

Would you recommend this buggy for a newbie?

Also was thinking I would need a buggy with wet weather gear, how much would that be to add afterwards?

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 01:15:09 PM
I’m a complete newbie and looking for a buggy to start me off... not really mechanically minded so wanted something the I can drive away

Snoopy is very meticulous when it comes to mechanics, and this would be an excellent one to start out with  ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 01:18:50 PM
Pretty well any buggy you get will require tweaks and repairs at not infrequent intervals. So if you're not mechanically minded try and live near some of the many other fantastically able buggy owners and find a small 'traditional' local garage that you can use to fix issues.

Snoopys GP is the genuine article and has been put together by someone with exemplary sound buggy skills and understanding. It's got inherent personality and correct paperwork. You're going to want to make your own changes to any buggy you get so this GP is a great starting point.

Others will know better on wet weather gear costs and options but I'd guess you'd not get much change out of £1k for a customised hand crafted top that worked properly ?
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 02:07:28 PM
whats this meticulous and exemplary stuff it was screwed together out of a pile of old parts with loads of new bits fitted, meticulous and exemplary buggies cost a lot more :D  ;-)(-;

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 02:28:28 PM
Snoopy you're a class act when it comes to mechanics but you're not expected to understand the words used to describe you. Stick to the screwing old bits together etc and leave the marketing and branding to Dave and I !
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 02:53:27 PM
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;-)up

this user is offline HUDGE BUGGY

• Buggy Meister
  • Lowestoft, Suffolk
  • GP Mk2 Super Buggy LWB
Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 04:26:01 PM

Also was thinking I would need a buggy with wet weather gear, how much would that be to add afterwards?

I always said this when I bought mine - Drive it like a motor Bike- get yourself an one piece waterproof suit and off you go ;-)up
WE GET OLD COS WE STOP PLAYING