Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 02:43:32 PM

GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix

This is a discussion for the topic GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix  (Read 10670 times)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #90 on: September 09, 2020, 06:48:33 AM
umbrella handbrake there is a reason they died out ;D that will be a lot of work for the cables and mechanism but nice to see ideas out of the normal box.

It will be ok!!  split-oval cables go all the way to the front .. I will fit a line lock as well
I do not speak English well, please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's, do not take offense because what you see maybe not my true meanings.,,, Nuclear Convoy

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #91 on: September 09, 2020, 07:36:39 AM
an early chassis from the days of cutting up splits and ovals for buggy building so a lot easier than a later chassis.

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #92 on: September 11, 2020, 11:40:08 PM
an early chassis from the days of cutting up splits and ovals for buggy building so a lot easier than a later chassis.
Got a 1954 for next build if I do one...
I do not speak English well, please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's, do not take offense because what you see maybe not my true meanings.,,, Nuclear Convoy

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #93 on: September 11, 2020, 11:47:57 PM
This week end the back end will be cut off and a 1" lift IRS one welded in and 2 new hand brake and 2 steel fuel lines put in

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #94 on: September 12, 2020, 09:55:48 AM
Keeping yourself busy, looking at that I would have thought a big old external handbrake along side the tub would be period.
Is this going to end up a rat rod or steam punk motor.

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #95 on: September 12, 2020, 11:55:59 PM
Keeping yourself busy, looking at that I would have thought a big old external handbrake along side the tub would be period.
Is this going to end up a rat rod or steam punk motor.
I call it lots of things  >:(.. I picked an exhaust up from a guy and I told him the type of buggy he had in the hes garage I had not seen he's buggy before and I was spot on :-[ .. Years ago I was at volksworld 99? And in the packing lot there was a black rat and it was low step in out job not a show winner but looked Cool to me! I was talking to a guy who is a clean cut bug guy but he remember that buggy as well as it stood out in a good way.. So all I'm doing is pulling all the bits I have seen that I like and some I have not! seen and making a buggy I can park up anywhere that keeps me dry! But looks Cool and will drive ok..and I can stand! next to it and if anyone goes who built it I can go Me! ...I was going to put the hard brake a long the tunnel with a hand trigger but it would end up looking over the top..

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #96 on: September 15, 2020, 09:21:09 AM
Made a jig up from scrap as need to fit a 2 bolt mount and to help line it all up and then got a cutting ::)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #97 on: September 15, 2020, 01:03:20 PM
I cut and used a part from the new rear to get me a line .. If I was just doing a cut and weld it would be easy! But I'm going to lift the rear 1" a lot of work for 1" but why not.

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #98 on: September 15, 2020, 01:52:44 PM
I`m really enjoying all this thread for the simple reason that unlike most of the build threads on here that always end up looking like a Buggy, I have absolutely no idea how this one is going to turn out

Keep up the good work mate - refreshing to see something very different  ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #99 on: September 15, 2020, 07:03:17 PM
Thanks Dave..  It will? end up as a bit of a Clean? cut Ratty / Pro street buggy.. But not over the top with tat that is not needed..