Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 07, 2020, 08:02:28 PM

GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix

This is a discussion for the topic GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix  (Read 9398 times)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #75 on: June 01, 2020, 07:41:04 AM
I made!! a engine running stand as my old one is at my parents :D and made a engine dolly and a flywheel lock! bar! and started to build a manifold  ::) I will let the pic do the talking!!

;-)(-;
I do not speak English well, please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's, do not take offense because what you see maybe not my true meanings.,,, Nuclear Convoy

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #76 on: June 04, 2020, 09:01:53 PM
Well the skip engine is no good! water had got in it.. But the engine I pick up for parts looks to be a good one.. I all way just left 1500cc engines as SP and single relief valve but the one I got is twin valve ;-)up but has some mag rot I can tig it up but I will strip it and see Its only a fun engine so if its a bit leaky I can live with it as its no a show car..
I do not speak English well, please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's, do not take offense because what you see maybe not my true meanings.,,, Nuclear Convoy

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #77 on: June 11, 2020, 11:26:52 PM
Bad english comming up... I Striped the engine the b/p are no good but the bottom end is ok.  So I will end up building a 1600sp ... I got my rolling chassis and got some new bits to make for a fast build ;D

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #78 on: August 01, 2020, 09:03:35 AM
As I have not updated for some time...  If There was any shows on' I do have a rolling chassis set to go.. But as there is not?  I will do my best ::) to get the chassis I would like under the body done ✔ for next year 2021 8) .. Well the side pan bars have been cut back off looked to big and some slim line ones welded on . The body hit the beam towers not by a lot! So 1" cut out the towers .bakes.. A good beetle master cylinder is 80!! Well I'm at 15 for good used vw one.. Hand brake you can work that one out ps It may not work ::)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #79 on: August 01, 2020, 09:09:25 AM

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #80 on: August 01, 2020, 09:18:31 AM
I was going to swap the slots out but if I can get them to fit in the body line I hope it will sit as low as this pic..but with the bags give a good drive..

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #81 on: August 01, 2020, 09:35:29 AM
The back will sit lower. .. Years ago I fixed a bay road side the family was 300! Miles from home and offered to pay me but all that was needed was  ;-)(-; ..Well I got sent this in the post  :D

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #82 on: August 01, 2020, 10:35:48 AM

I`m not usually a fan of slammed cars, but I must admit -that looks quite good  ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Jaysons Dad

• Buggy Baron
  • Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
  • 1961 Beaujangles Can Am
Reply #83 on: August 02, 2020, 08:24:36 PM

[/quote]

Love the look and stance of this GP LDV 😀👍
Definitions -
Understeer  - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer    - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car