Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2019, 12:28:18 PM

GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix

This is a discussion for the topic GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix  (Read 2555 times)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Addict
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #45 on: May 09, 2019, 11:58:07 AM
Will be DOHC belt driven. The hard bit like 911 heads is the stud pcd and need to siamese them, I'm lucky as the pcd will work, but I will still need to mill aside of each head to siamese them, the cams - timing ??? And crankshaft rotation will be hard and pistons and belts etc etc etc ;D
I do not speak English well , please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's , do not take offence because what you see may be not my true meanings.,,,, I'm no pancake expert but I know a tosser when I see one

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Addict
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #46 on: May 09, 2019, 01:05:39 PM
I will make a plate to cover the old waterways and for the barrel lip to sit in ;)oil or water cool the heads

I do not speak English well , please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's , do not take offence because what you see may be not my true meanings.,,,, I'm no pancake expert but I know a tosser when I see one

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Addict
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #47 on: May 09, 2019, 02:41:47 PM
It's looking good :) as I did not know at the start if the stud pcd was going to be ok, as I have only seen pics of the heads before Its just a "Stab In The Dark'  and I had to ask my good lady :-* if it was ok to buy the head and all I got was "how does one find out what work if one can't find out what doesn't work" ;-)(-;

this user is offline Buggybaggy

• Edit Enabled
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Leeds
  • Mk2 Volksrod
Reply #48 on: May 09, 2019, 06:39:20 PM
I'm sure you've thought about this ad you clearly have a plan, but I'll say it anyway. Won't a 5" beam cut make your turning circle non-existant?

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Addict
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #49 on: May 11, 2019, 08:42:22 AM
I'm sure you've thought about this ad you clearly have a plan, but I'll say it anyway. Won't a 5" beam cut make your turning circle non-existant?
I had a 6" narrowed beam on a bug, ;-) I will set it all up before painting and cutting the bars, So I can come back out if needed?