Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 06:04:08 AM

GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix

This is a discussion for the topic GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix  (Read 14776 times)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 12:53:49 PM
The Body is good! The paint was not so good But Ok for my needs, But on picking it up I shrink wrap it in the hope not to chip it on the way home and moving it etc and it did this ::),,

I do not speak English well, please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's, do not take offense because what you see maybe not my true meanings.,,, Nuclear Convoy

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 10:36:39 AM
The best thing for an old trike IRS backend :), I was going to cut all the mounts off but less work?? to weld the lot in :D I may narrow the tubes as well as I'm not using torsion bars and it will let me get the 10" slot mags in the body line

I hope it will end up like>
I do not speak English well, please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's, do not take offense because what you see maybe not my true meanings.,,, Nuclear Convoy

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 10:46:29 PM
The boss :) gave me a hand to get the 64 chassis off and the 67 on the roller, The chassis is not as good as I was hoping it has had a lot of work in the past, And now needs a frame head :'( all ways the way the back end is good and I'm swapping it for an Irs one
but as it is a bit of a street/rat rod it will do!,,1st job hover out the rat's nest in the tunnel and pans...next pie cut,

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 12:29:41 AM
It has been a good week  :) I got sent 2 Wheel Adapters for the rear, And I Pop into a VW workshop to pick up a crank that I left there 15! years ago, and some Simpson harnesses a friend drop off for me :)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 12:50:11 AM
Why working on the chassis, I pop the shell on a 64 chassis, So I can test fit? things ;-)up At the time of buying shell I pad a bit more for the lights etc So I started fitting them back on, And pop a Jaz seat in :) but not for long ::)

I did a bit of dumpster diving for a big box  ???

and made a seat ::)

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 07:47:20 AM
a nice tuck and roll bench seat, now that would be different in a buggy.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 08:17:23 AM
a nice tuck and roll bench seat, now that would be different in a buggy.

Totally agree - that would look awesome  ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 09:39:31 AM
I was going to fit a t2 handbrake and have a full bench seat" and make it a rock and roll, And uses the rear seat bottom,, so it would fit in the front to make a bed??  Looks like it Will be made out of steel ,,As the only cheap sheets of aluminum are in Coventry! And I'm looking to keep away from the 90's? billet aluminum look and little to no! chrome,
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:41:35 AM by IDA »

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 01:25:50 AM
had a bit of a move" to day to see how low I can go 8) As it will be fitting airbags it will be a DIY set up,, Why!! air bags as 20! yeas ago at V-world there was a black rat! buggy on the floor :D .. If I get time I will get the steel today for the seat :)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #24 on: July 22, 2018, 09:11:10 PM
As the rear tyre is on the spring plate in the pics, And the only way is to bin the wheels or cut the body or lift it up bleugh So it is narrow time :D and as I was all ways going to IRS my next buggy, I pick up an irs back end from a trike,, It is lucky? in a way as the welding was bad! and I'm cutting that bit off,,

some bad! welding ::)

Going to loss the torsion bars and make some arms lucky as I had some 3/4 rose joint from my autograss days!

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 04:28:01 AM
Looks like I will be fitting a tow bar>:( I was going to build a flat top roll cage and fit a roof tent! if need be us the air ride to level it off", but as we are the Moomins" And Moominmamma  :-* Is boss :),   A  8) drop this retro! flat pack pikey wagon off 

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #26 on: July 24, 2018, 08:14:06 AM
I towed a combi camp for many years behind my Bugggy - best tent out there by far and I really miss mine
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #27 on: July 24, 2018, 12:42:00 PM
Dave did you have the 202?   I only see it all up but not down ::) It is the big one 404 8ft! by 5ft.6" but looks clean and a good price! so had to have it, I think my buggy will pull it ok!

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #28 on: July 24, 2018, 01:02:02 PM
The kids see it and think they were going on holiday ::),, It is like this one>

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #29 on: July 24, 2018, 03:26:54 PM
Mine was the extended one, slightly longer and hinged at the end

with the extra awning on the side

My 1300 Buggy pulled it perfectly

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk