Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2019, 12:28:14 PM

IBW2019 International Buggy Weekend 6th ~ 11th June 2019 Netherlands

This is a discussion for the topic IBW2019 International Buggy Weekend 6th ~ 11th June 2019 Netherlands on the board Events, Cruises and Gatherings.

Author Topic: IBW2019 International Buggy Weekend 6th ~ 11th June 2019 Netherlands  (Read 14458 times)

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
The Dates have been set for IBW 2019 in Noordbroek, Netherlands

Ferry Bookings are now being made, and Paul Newbiggin at Stenna has come up with a good deal for us (£246 for Buggy + 2 Adults sharing a cabin)

Travel dates (offer will only work on these dates)

Harwich – Hoek van Holland        6th June 2019  (Night Ferry)
Hoek van Holland – Harwich        10th June 2019  (Night Ferry)

Cost of buggy                                    £45.00 each way
Cost of trailer up to 4m long                 £28.00 each way
Cost of driver/passenger                      £16.00 each way (per person)
Inside single cabin                              £35.00 per cabin each way
Outside single cabin                           £46.00 per cabin each way
Inside 2-berth cabin                           £46.00 per cabin each way
Outside 2-berth cabin                        £54.00 per cabin each way

Other cabins types available on request.

These prices are subject to limited availability and cannot be combined with any other offer and only apply to the travel dates shown above.

Bookings can be made by e-mail to Harwich.DutySupervisor@stenaline.com or by telephone on 01255 202352.

Once ferry booked, so that they know how many of us are coming for space and food etc, it is very important to also register your details on their website (link below)
However, so that we are not having to faff about with exchange rates etc, I have agreed that we will be able to pay in Euro`s on the gate, but only if you have registered your details on the form below

Note:
Where it says BANK ACCOUNT - put in the words  WILL PAY ON THE GATE
Where it says Buggy Club - put in the words  BEACHBUGGY.INFO

Register Here:
http://www.algemenebuggyclub.eu/IBW2019/form/?language=en

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:01:36 PM by Dave DND »
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Many of the Newbies and IBW Virgins out there will have heard the rest of us talk about the International meets, well believe me when I say that the Dutch one is not to be missed. It is open to everybody and it would be great to see just how many we can get over there this year.

If you are unsure what to expect, then take a look at my write up of my own very first IBW back in 2014 (also Netherlands)

http://www.beachbuggy.info/index.php/topic,5100.0.html

Get your names down for this one   ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Addict
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
(p) for me but will be Eurotunnel as I can use my Tesco club points as I get sea :-[ :-[ bleugh And I can camp for free if need be 8 miles away from the tunnel and drop my trailer tent off so I can pick it back up for EBI ;-)up Lots of driving but less time at see,,
I do not speak English well , please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's , do not take offence because what you see may be not my true meanings.,,,, I'm no pancake expert but I know a tosser when I see one

this user is offline speedwagon

• PE120BE
  • GP MK2
Probables (P) and Definite's (D):

Harwich Ferry:
Dave DND & Liz - D
Zip Buggy - D
Hugh - D
Dave Doon & Lynn - P/D
Oojamaflip Thingymebob whatmecalit - D/D/P possibly 2 buggies (don’t ask)   
Mrs snoopy and me passenger
Glenn - P
Big GP - D
Febbie Gordon & Sarah
Chad - D  Mrs Chad - P
George - D  Cath - P
Matt & Tom -D
ajp and wife - D
Allan & Vanessa -D
Dave C & Gail -D
Hazel - P
Dave Dream - P
Gary stimson - D.

Hull Ferry:
*Buggybaggy & Claire. D/D (Not sure which ferry yet. Considering opening up a third line of invasion via Newcastle.   )
Krug D - Mrs Krug P   
Newcastle Ferry:
*Buggybaggy - see also Hull ferry.
Goldiggar - happy Hull ferry as well -D

Eurotunnel
IDA P
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:54:43 PM by Chad »

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Addict
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
I got a Euro tunnel price of £156 return,,
I do not speak English well , please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's , do not take offence because what you see may be not my true meanings.,,,, I'm no pancake expert but I know a tosser when I see one

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
We tend not to use the Eurotunnel, because at some point we need to sleep and leave the Buggies somewhere safe in an unfamiliar environment - the overnight ferry is brilliant for that, and the party atmosphere of us all traveling and cruising together for a good few hundred miles just cannot be beaten. The Ferry also takes us straight to our destination country.

But above all else, and this is the very important one . . . . .  we avoid France   bleugh

;)
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline ruben

• Buggy Addict
  • 1 meter below sea level
  • hotrod sportscar
ok, the pre register has started, you can find the info here (in English ;-)up)
http://www.algemenebuggyclub.eu/IBW2019/start.php

i know the ferry's aren't booked jet, but hay it's November in my book
"Yes Ruben, you are indeed a Championship Tosser" DnD, september 2016
Remember kids, polyglotism will get you nowhere

this user is offline Glenn

• Lancaster
  • Beamish Beam Bug
I`m going to start hassling Stenna next week   ;)

Hi Dave

It seems you might be the one to ask...... For someone like me who's never been on one of these trips and is definitely coming with this time, leaving from Hull, what is the actual process?
Do we need to book and pay on this link http://www.algemenebuggyclub.eu/IBW2019/info_eng.php
Or is everything sorted together at once?
And also, how does ferry booking and payment work?
And any other info that you can think of.

Cheers
Glenn

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Glenn the Northern crew use Hull buggybaggy or Krug will advise on that specific port. But booking is through the ferry website or phone no idea if they try and arrange a discount because of the numbers going.

We fill in the IBW entry form and e mail it to them and put a comment on pay on gate so they know we are going and thus the numbers but we pay cash on the gate as some banks charged for an international payment.

Booking the food makes life easier as it saves  carrying all the required cooking kit apart from the tea n coffee stuff.

Have a read of motoring in Holland rules and requirements although a list will appear.

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Hook of Holland ferry arrives at 08.00, Newcastle the Amsterdam one is 09.45  and Hull to Rotterdam 08.15 so the route would need to go north from Rotterdam to pick up Pepsi on route then cross the big Afsluitdijk dam on the way to IBW a reverse of the route last time we were there.

you could join the Northern crew and Scottish contingent sailing from Hull for the shorter ferry crossing and get more buggy cruise convoy miles in.

There is plenty of time to get to IBW after we land friday so there is no rush.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Hi Dave

Further to our telephone conversation of earlier today I can confirm the following prices for the 2019 Beach Buggy Event in Holland

Travel dates (offer will only work on these dates)

Harwich – Hoek van Holland        6th June 2019
Hoek van Holland – Harwich        10th June 2019

Cost of buggy                                    £45.00 each way
Cost of trailer up to 4m long        £28.00 each way
Cost of driver/passenger              £16.00 each way (per person)
Inside single cabin                           £35.00 per cabin each way
Outside single cabin                        £46.00 per cabin each way
Inside 2-berth cabin                        £46.00 per cabin each way
Outside 2-berth cabin                    £54.00 per cabin each way

Other cabins types available on request.

These prices are subject to limited availability and cannot be combined with any other offer and only apply to the travel dates shown above.

Bookings can be made by e-mail to Harwich.DutySupervisor@stenaline.com or by telephone on 01255 202352.

Regards

Paul

Paul Newbiggin
Trade Optimiser and Travel Service Manager (Harwich).

Stena Line Holland B.V.
Stena Line Travel Bureau, Harwich International Port
Harwich, Essex, CO12 4SR, United Kingdom
Phone : +44 (0)1255 202311
Mobile: +44( 0)7979 700233
Fax      : +44 (0)1255 252249
E-mail : paul.newbiggin@stenaline.com

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
For the Newbies and IBW Virgins looking on, this trip is open to absolutely anyone and everyone - the more the merrier

What to expect . . .

Those of you from the Midlands to the Southern half of the country will meet up at various locations (to be arranged) on the 6th June 2019  to arrive at Colchester for a teatime Pizza / whatever before boarding the Overnight ferry from Harwich to Holland.

Those of you from the Midlands to the Northern half of the country will meet up at various locations (to be arranged) on the 6th June 2019  to catch the Overnight ferry from Hull to Holland.

Both ferries will dock within an hour or so of each other, and we will meet up at the nearest Motorway Services before taking an epic journey across Holland at a leisurely pace with loads of stops and hopefully we will pitch camp mid to late afternoon where the beer will start flowing.

The Dutch are great hosts, and entertainment will follow - Saturday night will be some form of fancy dress no doubt and sunday will be nursing the hangovers.

Monday will be a leisurely jaunt back to the docks, taking in some sights on the way, and hopefully a stop for some of us (Harwich Ferry) on the now legendary Bing Beach Cafe and Sand Dunes where we will then board the overnight ferry to arrive back in Blighty on Tuesday morning.

More details will materialise in due course, but the ferries do book up fast, so please do not leave it too late to come and join us
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Buggers - This is important !

So that they know how many of us are coming for space and food etc, it is very important to also register your details on their website (link below)
However, so that we are not having to faff about with exchange rates etc, I have agreed that we will be able to pay in Euro`s on the gate, but only if you have registered your details on the form below

Note:
Where it says BANK ACCOUNT - put in the words  WILL PAY ON THE GATE
Where it says Buggy Club - put in the words  BEACHBUGGY.INFO

Register Here:
http://www.algemenebuggyclub.eu/IBW2019/form/?language=en

;-)up

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Think about it guys -
You are in a beer filled hall full of drunken people, and many of then will be German. So you are seriously suggesting that we wear skoolgirl skirts after seeing what some of our members have endured in previous years?
 ::)

I for one will probably not be brave enough to wear a skirt to IBW  :o 

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
For information only - not as something to panic about just yet

Taken from   https://www.gov.uk/guidance/international-driving-permits-for-uk-drivers-from-28-march-2019

Driving abroad before 28 March 2019

Currently, UK licence holders who live in the UK:

need an international driving permit (IDP) in addition to their UK driving licence to drive in some countries outside of the EU and EEA
    can drive in all EU and EEA countries using their UK driving licence.

The UK currently issues 2 types of IDP to UK licence holders who are resident in the UK: the 1926 IDP and the 1949 IDP.

Driving abroad from 28 March 2019

From 28 March 2019, the UK will issue a third type of IDP: the 1968 IDP. At the same time, the type of IDP that some countries recognise will change.

From 29 March 2019, in the event that there is no EU exit deal, you  need an IDP in addition to your UK driving licence to drive when visiting EU and EEA countries

What type of IDP will I need?

The type of IDP you need depends on the country you are driving in.

Countries that have signed up to the UN conventions on road traffic issue and recognise IDPs.

From 28 March 2019, countries that are party to the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic will no longer recognise 1926 and 1949 IDPs issued by the UK. Instead you may need a 1968 IDP to drive in these countries.

Countries that have ratified a road traffic convention are not obliged to require visiting foreign drivers to carry an IDP. So, in some countries it may be possible to drive with a UK driving licence without an IDP.

Check which type of IDP you need to ensure that you have the correct documentation for your travels.

How to get an IDP

Until 31 January 2019, you can get 1926 and 1949 IDPs from 89 UK post offices, or by mail order from the AA or the RAC.

From 1 February 2019 you will only be able to get 1926, 1949 and 1968 IDPs over the counter from 2,500 UK post offices. Each IDP will cost £5.50.

Driving in the EU and EEA from 29 March 2019

If there is an EU exit deal, UK licence holders will be able to continue to drive in all EU and EEA countries using their UK driving licence.

In the event that there is no EU exit deal, the government will seek to put in place new arrangements for EU and EEA countries to recognise UK driving licences when people are visiting, for example on holiday or business trips. Until such arrangements are in place, UK driving licence holders may also need an IDP to drive in EU and EEA countries.

Each EU and EEA country will decide if they require a foreign driver to have an IDP, in addition to a driving licence, to legally drive in their country.

In some circumstances you may need more than one IDP. For example, when driving through France (1968 IDP) to Spain (1949 IDP).

On 29 March 2019, if there is no EU Exit deal or any other relevant agreement, you may need a new 1968 IDP to drive in these EU and EEA countries:

Austria    Belgium    Bulgaria    Croatia    Czech Republic
Denmark    Estonia    Finland    France    Germany
Greece    Hungary    Italy    Latvia    Lithuania
Luxembourg    Netherlands    Norway    Poland    Portugal
Romania    Slovakia    Slovenia    Sweden    

On 29 March 2019, if there is no EU Exit deal, you may need a 1949 IDP to drive in these EU and EEA countries:
Cyprus    Iceland    Ireland    Malta    Spain

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk