Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 11:33:35 AM

LWB Apal for sale - Fresh MOT, tax exempt, Registered Beach Buggy

This is a discussion for the topic LWB Apal for sale - Fresh MOT, tax exempt, Registered Beach Buggy on the board Beach Buggies For Sale.

Author Topic: LWB Apal for sale - Fresh MOT, tax exempt, Registered Beach Buggy  (Read 986 times)

this user is offline Jim73vw

• Worthing, West Sussex
  • 72 Apal
Hi all,

Too many cars, not enough time. So the Beach Buggy is for Sale.

Apal LWB, Tax Exempt, MOT till 29.05.19. Built up on a 1971 chassis.

No advisories at last MOT (12.05.18).

When build was completed was re-registered with DVLA using ‘Built up vehicle report’ on V627/1 and officially re titled on V5, so is correctly registered as ‘Beach Buggy’.

Car currently on private plate – not included in sale, will be back on age related plate.

This is an original Apal LWB shell which was restored to build up this buggy.

I sourced the donor beetle (a 1200 1971 bug (also Orange) and stripped it down fully for a chassis restoration. Full photos available. Build pictures, and finished shots also featured in Complete Kit Car magazine.

The chassis was excellent – this is why I went for the donor beetle. Floorpans were in really good order with only corrosion being on perimeter mounting lips where beetle heater channels had rotted through and helped spread corrosion to these areas. Repair panels were let in, sourced from VW Heritage. Main pans are original and very solid.

New axle sourced and fitted, new early fuel tank sourced and filler neck shortened to suit bonnet cut out. New master cylinder, slave cylinder and brake shoes all round. Brake lines replaced too, and new fuel line run down left hand side of tunnel as original inside tunnel blocked. Also new starter motor.

New windscreen frame made to suit shell.

Custom roll cage fitted to support four seat belts and ties to windscreen frame.

Leather seats are from an MGF and fully adjustable.

Rear seat tailor made to suit gap. Luggage area behind large enough to house tools and roof when removed.

Roof is Mohair, side panels can be zipped out as can rear window.

1200 engine has had light rebuild – cylinder heads removed, new valve seals, piston rings etc. New carb, tuned and set up to run reliably.

Separately I do have a fully braked folding A-frame which can be used with the buggy – frame bolts to axle and operates the buggy brakes when tow vehicle brakes. We used this to tow the buggy behind our T5 camper. Can include with buggy depending on price. These retail at over £1,000 (Car-a-tow)

No shortcuts ever taken on mechanicals – built to be fun driving, not a show winner, but lots of smiles per mile. Has passed every MOT since on road without difficulty – just new wheel bearings in last year or so.

Front wheels are currently stock beetle 15” steels painted to match the rears, with centre holes enlarged to take matching centre caps. Included with the car are a set of Weller steels to match the rears, so you can take your pick on the look you want.

Only selling as too many vehicles and not enough time – perfect Summer fun buggy for someone to put their own stamp on.

My annual insurance for the buggy is currently £120 per year!

£4,000 ono - inclusion of A-frame negotiable.

More pictures here including restoration pics: https://www.flickr.com/gp/jim73vw/r809C6

In Worthing, West Sussex.

Please message me if you want any more info.

All the best,

Jim
All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member
SDBC Member
GRRC Member

T5 camper
Subaru based Nova kit car
Ex buggy owner (GT, Bugle, Apal)

• Worthing, West Sussex
  • 72 Apal
Ready to go for Summer.

Private plate retained now, so good to go.

12 months MOT

Tax Exempt

Correctly register as Buggy on V5

4 seats and belts - family fun.

Car a tow braked A frame and axle brackets available at additional price, or bundled depending on deal.
All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member
SDBC Member
GRRC Member

T5 camper

this user is offline Colapal79

Hi Jim
I am in need of an apal screen and wonder if you could help me with some dimensions.
Could you possibly let me know the height of your screen please just in case I need someone to fabricate a screen for me?
Also, how long are the ‘legs’ from the bottom of the screen to the end that secure to the bonnet?
Many thanks
Col

this user is offline Colapal79

Sorry,
Forget about the length of the legs. I’ll just measure the depth of my bonnet!! ;-)up
Cheers

• Worthing, West Sussex
  • 72 Apal
Mine was made bespoke, so can't guarantee it matches 'standard' Apal spec

Will pm you details
All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member
SDBC Member
GRRC Member

T5 camper

• Worthing, West Sussex
  • 72 Apal
Will be hitting the dreaded ebay on Thursday on a 10 day listing.

Also updated other ads out there to £3,800 Ono.

Happy to discuss a deal price with the Car a tow folding a frame included. I have the brackets and axle supports, brake cable etc all to go with car if the price is right and can fit it all back up if wanted.

Car now fitted with new age related plate, private plate removed.

Sat on the drive in the recent bank holiday storms and stayed dry inside - the wet weather gear works !

All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member
SDBC Member
GRRC Member

T5 camper

• Worthing, West Sussex
  • 72 Apal
Now SOLD and off to a new home in Leicester.

No air cooled Volkswagens left in the fleet, for now.........l
All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member
SDBC Member
GRRC Member

T5 camper

this user is offline Buggybaggy

• Edit Enabled
  • Buggy Meister
  • Leeds
  • Mk2 Volksrod
Knew that wouldn't hang around for long.
Is the buyer on here/aware of 'here'?

• Worthing, West Sussex
  • 72 Apal
Knew that wouldn't hang around for long.
Is the buyer on here/aware of 'here'?

He has had other buggies, so I suspect so, but will mention when I forward other info across.

All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member
SDBC Member
GRRC Member

T5 camper

this user is offline BuggySteve

• Buggy Baron
  • Smalley Derbyshire
  • FF LWB
This is back up for sale on eBay for Just under £7k! ???
Orange Peel Yellow FF LWB

• Worthing, West Sussex
  • 72 Apal
Cheeky! And ambitious!

I loved the car and spent many hours on it, but wouldn't have asked that for it!
All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member
SDBC Member
GRRC Member

T5 camper

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Thats how some folks make a living looking for cheap stuff to sell on now it is on e bay somebody well may pay 7k, the early Jas I did for super gimmer got sold for 2.5k the new owner swapped engines did a respray and tidy up the got 6.5k for it but at least he did something to it.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
wouldn't have asked that for it!

I would have - even contemplated buying it off you to do the same myself   :-X
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Jxcons

How  much would you sell the a frame for please

Too many cars, not enough time. So the Beach Buggy is for Sale.

Apal LWB, Tax Exempt, MOT till 29.05.19. Built up on a 1971 chassis.

No advisories at last MOT (12.05.18).

When build was completed was re-registered with DVLA using ‘Built up vehicle report’ on V627/1 and officially re titled on V5, so is correctly registered as ‘Beach Buggy’.

Car currently on private plate – not included in sale, will be back on age related plate.

This is an original Apal LWB shell which was restored to build up this buggy.

I sourced the donor beetle (a 1200 1971 bug (also Orange) and stripped it down fully for a chassis restoration. Full photos available. Build pictures, and finished shots also featured in Complete Kit Car magazine.

The chassis was excellent – this is why I went for the donor beetle. Floorpans were in really good order with only corrosion being on perimeter mounting lips where beetle heater channels had rotted through and helped spread corrosion to these areas. Repair panels were let in, sourced from VW Heritage. Main pans are original and very solid.

New axle sourced and fitted, new early fuel tank sourced and filler neck shortened to suit bonnet cut out. New master cylinder, slave cylinder and brake shoes all round. Brake lines replaced too, and new fuel line run down left hand side of tunnel as original inside tunnel blocked. Also new starter motor.

New windscreen frame made to suit shell.

Custom roll cage fitted to support four seat belts and ties to windscreen frame.

Leather seats are from an MGF and fully adjustable.

Rear seat tailor made to suit gap. Luggage area behind large enough to house tools and roof when removed.

Roof is Mohair, side panels can be zipped out as can rear window.

1200 engine has had light rebuild – cylinder heads removed, new valve seals, piston rings etc. New carb, tuned and set up to run reliably.

Separately I do have a fully braked folding A-frame which can be used with the buggy – frame bolts to axle and operates the buggy brakes when tow vehicle brakes. We used this to tow the buggy behind our T5 camper. Can include with buggy depending on price. These retail at over £1,000 (Car-a-tow)

No shortcuts ever taken on mechanicals – built to be fun driving, not a show winner, but lots of smiles per mile. Has passed every MOT since on road without difficulty – just new wheel bearings in last year or so.

Front wheels are currently stock beetle 15” steels painted to match the rears, with centre holes enlarged to take matching centre caps. Included with the car are a set of Weller steels to match the rears, so you can take your pick on the look you want.

Only selling as too many vehicles and not enough time – perfect Summer fun buggy for someone to put their own stamp on.

My annual insurance for the buggy is currently £120 per year!

£4,000 ono - inclusion of A-frame negotiable.

More pictures here including restoration pics: https://www.flickr.com/gp/jim73vw/r809C6

In Worthing, West Sussex.

Please message me if you want any more info.

All the best,

Jim
[/quote]

• Worthing, West Sussex
  • 72 Apal
Sorry, all sold.
All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member
SDBC Member
GRRC Member