Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 06:08:39 PM

Consultation re IVA emission testing.

This is a discussion for the topic Consultation re IVA emission testing. on the board Beach Buggy IVA / SVA Help.

Author Topic: Consultation re IVA emission testing.  (Read 3814 times)

this user is offline Hoggy81

• Kingswinford but its too close to Dudley for my liking.
  • VW Sandrail (eventually)
Reply #60 on: May 06, 2018, 12:55:20 AM
Wow I'm quite a bit late to the party and seen that this has been and gone but I thought it might be worth saying that every branch of government is attacking every single little thing they can, my other hobby is target shooting and while I understand it's not to everyone's taste it's still running along the same principle of it's a hobby and it contributes Billions pounds a year to the econony and helps towards job creation and in some cases conservation projects.

A violent crimes bill consultation to attempt to tackle the knife crime problem in London has been written up and they have lumped in firearms that are only used by hobbyists so that it will be put though as nobody would want to risk voting against it but the way it's been written would make you think that the author had just watched and used Minority Report as inspiration for the bill and it damn near calls anyone who owns a firearm a child murdering terrorist who walks round all day pointing guns in peoples faces. So far the consultation has had 750,000 responses pointing out the problems with the firearms section and we have been ignored but as we dared to point out their failings and lack of research they started another consultation stating that they would move all air rifles onto firearms certificates creating more expense for the taxpayers by creating unneeded paperwork and consume already stretched police resources, so what I'm basicly saying is to get this emission review thrown out with just 2000 responses is a miracle and rest assured they will hunt round for another loose thread to pull on.
Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done so tell the wife how much you paid for things but leave off the VAT so your not lying.

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #61 on: June 08, 2018, 12:49:53 PM
The results are in and we won! Well done everyone!

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/road-vehicles-improving-air-quality-and-safety

Pages 16 and 34 I think are the ones relevant to us  ;-)up

The only hassle may be proving build/first use date but isn't that the situation now?

"Emissions approval - kit cars (Basic IVA) (Q16)

3.12 In response to the strong opposition to our proposal to tighten the rules for kit car emissions, the Department will not implement this aspect of the proposal. 

3.13 We have taken this decision after reflecting on the evidence and noting that kit cars are a small proportion of the fleet, cover a low annual mileage and are rarely used in town centres where air quality issues exist.

3.14 Therefore kit cars submitted for IVA will continue to be subject to an MOT-style emissions test, using the current criteria in the IVA manual around engine build/first use date."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 01:14:25 PM by Manxdavid »
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #62 on: June 08, 2018, 01:08:09 PM
The outcome couldn't be better and at least its clear rather than needing a bevy of QC's.

Page 32:

Emissions approval - kit cars (Basic IVA) (Q16)

3.12 In response to the strong opposition to our proposal to tighten the rules for kit car
emissions, the Department will not implement this aspect of the proposal.

3.13 We have taken this decision after reflecting on the evidence and noting that kit
cars are a small proportion of the fleet, cover a low annual mileage and are rarely
used in town centres where air quality issues exist.

3.14 Therefore kit cars submitted for IVA will continue to be subject to an MOT-style
emissions test, using the current criteria in the IVA manual around engine
build/first use date.

The arguments in 3.13 can be used again for many future 'attacks' on kit cars, along with the size of the ancillary businesses.

One of the responders must have been Zipbuddy as they say: '... the timeline for constructing a kit car can be extensive, up to ten years and several respondents had experience of a longer period.' !
Hugh

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #63 on: June 08, 2018, 01:15:37 PM
The results are in and we won! Well done everyone!

Indeed - Well done everyone  ;-)up

We are winning these battles one by one - it will take a while, but we are getting there  ;-)up ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Veteran
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #64 on: June 08, 2018, 01:16:37 PM
If you read through this document there is strange statement that states that the proposed changes and, in fact existing regulation, did not apply to BIVA or "Kit Cars". I don`t recall any such statement in the survey. There does seem to be evidence that the responses were looked into in quite some detail.   (BIVA (Basic IVA). "M" in existing documentation).

I would just like to say thank you to all who filled in the survey as, to be honest, I was a bit worried that I would be scuppered re- air cooled motor.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #65 on: June 08, 2018, 08:05:53 PM
If you are reading and following these threads about various silliness by the powers that be, then please do not forget to register your Buggy with us as it helps us no end to gather statistics that we can use to argue our case - and as you can see, its working well.

http://www.beachbuggy.info/beachbuggyclub/register-your-buggy/

8)
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #66 on: June 08, 2018, 09:18:08 PM
It looks as if the next government campaign could be regarding tyre age, eg banning any tyre more than 10 yrs old off the road, which would make perfect sence to me if it not for my quest for a period perfect set of GENERAL GRABBER 60's or ex XJ6 E70VR15 Jag remoulds!
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.