Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 06:29:14 AM

N.E.W.S. 2018 Buggies in the middle 13, 14, 15th July 2018

This is a discussion for the topic N.E.W.S. 2018 Buggies in the middle 13, 14, 15th July 2018 on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: N.E.W.S. 2018 Buggies in the middle 13, 14, 15th July 2018  (Read 4779 times)

this user is offline Hazel

• Buggy Veteran
  • Birmingham
  • mk1 GP
    • Beach Buggy Brummies
Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 01:47:56 PM
Sorry I can't be of more help. This is the way the pub wanted to take bookings.
Remember happiness is a way of travel, not a destination!

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 01:58:36 PM
I have to phone them up as we will be there earlier in the week so need to add to the booking. Hazel you found it so do not worry about it as long as we have enough room they need to sort the money collection out.

this user is offline Oojamaflip

• Buggy Addict
  • Tamworth
  • Californian
Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 03:39:41 PM
Change of Plan..

List for who's paid

Regular Pitch
Buggybaggy
Hudge Buggy & The Shadow
Dave DND & Liz   
Andy R
Farmer Rob x 2 ---------Paid
Zip Buggy

EHU
Child of the 70s. No dog or mother in law.
Snoopy  --------------- Paid
Hazel & Miller
Doug & Grace
Vanessa & Allan
Dave & Gail
Pam & Shaggy
Chad, Ruth, Alex and Tia the Guide Dog Mom 
Alison and Lawson..... Paid (i think)
Mark, Karen, Lewis and Jack.
Paul and Sue --------------- Paid

Room B+B
Paul and Jude
Gary and Tiff
Denice and Martin
Oojamaflip and Thingymebob  :D
Apparently I'm having a mid-life crisis....Lasted 30 years thus far.

LWB buggy SWB girlfriend

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 12:25:44 PM
Is there anyone willing and able to help with this weekend shindig? I would greatly appreciate it.

What needs doing Hazel ?

I realise that Miller is no longer around, but what exactly do you need help with and what would you like us to do ?   :-\
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 09:10:40 PM
cruise route sorted it includes Bewdely with an hours stop, Stourport on Severn perhaps another hour,  a drive through Bewdley and scenic route back to Bridgenorth (nowhere to stop ) then a cruise through Ironbridge (again no parking for 20 buggies) then a 30 min stop at a farm shop on the way back'

can include a forest picnic area by Bewdley for a photo shoot
Severn Valley Railway car parks are busy at weekends

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 12:20:30 PM
Just tried booking and paying   :-\

Bloody Hell - that was hard work and the guy could not (or would not) confirm the price that they wanted to take on my card - he disputed the £60 and said it depended on where they put us - adjacent site?

Neither would he confirm where we would be and hinted that we may not all be parked in the same place due to another large group also being there as well

@Hazel,

Can you step in and sort this out please?  Are we all going to be camped together or randomly thrown across a couple of sites ?

Is it ok to just rock up on the day and pay as the guy on the phone clearly didn`t want to make it easy to give him any money  :-\

Forgot to mention that I also phoned them last night to try and pay and this gruff voice said "we are busy call back tomorrow"   And then put the phone down on me
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:58:19 PM by Dave DND »
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 06:16:58 PM
 Can folks who have paid mark it as done, this will help Hazel find out where we stand and confirm the numbers.

Regular Pitch

Buggybaggy
Hudge Buggy & The Shadow
Dave DND & Liz
Andy R
Farmer Rob x 2   done
Zip Buggy and brother in law.
Snoopy   done
Hazel
Doug & Grace
Vanessa & Allan
Dave & Gail
Pam & Shaggy
Chad, Ruth, Alex and Tia the Guide Dog Mom 
Alison and Lawson.....done (i think)
Mark, Karen, Lewis and Jack.
Paul and Sue ----------done

Room B+B

Paul and Jude
Gary and Tiff
Denice and Martin
Oojamaflip and Thingymebob  :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:29:19 PM by Dave DND »

• Buggy Veteran
  • Birmingham
  • mk1 GP
    • Beach Buggy Brummies
Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 08:42:44 PM
Just tried booking and paying   :-\

Bloody Hell - that was hard work and the guy could not (or would not) confirm the price that they wanted to take on my card - he disputed the £60 and said it depended on where they put us - adjacent site?

Neither would he confirm where we would be and hinted that we may not all be parked in the same place due to another large group also being there as well

@Hazel,

Can you step in and sort this out please?  Are we all going to be camped together or randomly thrown across a couple of sites ?

Is it ok to just rock up on the day and pay as the guy on the phone clearly didn`t want to make it easy to give him any money  :-\

Forgot to mention that I also phoned them last night to try and pay and this gruff voice said "we are busy call back tomorrow"   And then put the phone down on me

Anyone else having problems? Let me know before I get back in touch with them.

It's Peter who runs the pub/site, he took me round the site when I visited and showed where we could all camp together! He definitely said we could be camping together and talked through how he intended in fitting in everyone who didn't need the EHU with those that do.

They did originally want a deposit but from experience you guys tend to pay quickly so he said if that was what was to happen, he didn't want a deposit. I will ask about paying on the day though...

I have no experience of this pub other than the emails I've had and the time I visited the site, my that experience has been fine so I'm sorry you're having a hard time.

I did try to get a flat rate across the site, rather than the convoluted way of  "this much for a couple in a tent, then additional for any additional in a tent, additional for children/pets etc....." But this isn't something they wanted to do. I did explain to them that there were a number who wanted EHU and I also remember questioning what you (Dave DND) would be charged as you have what they considered a caravan so it would (in their eyes) need hardstanding but you said you didn't want hook up - I think that's where the problems comes in for you. You're and odd ball.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 10:17:27 PM
You're an odd ball.

;D  Thanks Hazel - Luv you too  :-*

No, my van isn`t an issue - and for your information most campsites call this and the general VW Buses as "Small Campers" - Hard standing only comes into play if you want hookups etc. It certainly isn`t classed as a Caravan, RV or Mobile Home.
 ;)

No, the problem I had is that when I asked to confirm the price for 2 camping with breakfast of £60  as you had posted was that his reply was along the lines of that the price may change depending on where they put us and may increase as a result. He also said that he had another large party on that weekend and I got the impression that we would be moved about depending on what space they required on the day. I couldn`t really challenge this further with him as I have no idea what arrangement you had come to with him and didn`t want to tread on your toes, but I certainly was uneasy leaving an open credit card with him to bump up a price on when I thought the prices had already been agreed with you.

:-\
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Veteran
  • Birmingham
  • mk1 GP
    • Beach Buggy Brummies
Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 11:32:33 PM
Ah, ok. I'll try and chase this up and see what's what.  ;-)up

• Buggy Veteran
  • Birmingham
  • mk1 GP
    • Beach Buggy Brummies
Reply #25 on: June 10, 2018, 08:41:58 PM

You're an odd ball.

Thanks Hazel - Luv you too 

No, my van isn`t an issue - and for your information most campsites call this and the general VW Buses as "Small Campers" - Hard standing only comes into play if you want hookups etc. It certainly isn`t classed as a Caravan, RV or Mobile Home.

No, the problem I had is that when I asked to confirm the price for 2 camping with breakfast of £60  as you had posted was that his reply was along the lines of that the price may change depending on where they put us and may increase as a result. He also said that he had another large party on that weekend and I got the impression that we would be moved about depending on what space they required on the day. I couldn`t really challenge this further with him as I have no idea what arrangement you had come to with him and didn`t want to tread on your toes, but I certainly was uneasy leaving an open credit card with him to bump up a price on when I thought the prices had already been agreed with you.

Hope this clears things.

"You will all be together as far as possible with hook-ups etc. I had only one difficult person who could not seem to grasp that I do not allow campervans on the grass in the event of wet weather. This is to ensure that no one gets stuck and causes damage to the site. Iím hopeful that the weather will be kind but if it isnít, he will either have to pay the reduced rate for a hard standing pitch or park away from the main group."

I will be giving them a call tomorrow evening so if anyone has anything they'd like me to check - speak now.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 10:17:09 AM
My issue was that he wanted my card details but would not confirm the amount he was putting on it. Seemed a bit "hostile" when I wouldn`t give him my card and would also not confirm that we would be camping together as he may move us about due to another large party also there that weekend ?

Said nothing about wet weather to me though? Maybe that was the other party? But that's a perfectly understandable rule adopted by most of the smaller sites these days as they are trying to protect their land from becoming a swamp with the deluge of British weather  ;)

Remember Marlbank a few years back?   ;D

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Meister
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 11:24:57 AM
Indeed Snoopy as it sounds like your recent Haggis Hunt has increased your familiarity with extreme wet !

Your photos of Scotland actually looked rather striking, inviting and not unduly wet...
Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • Birmingham
  • mk1 GP
    • Beach Buggy Brummies
Reply #28 on: June 12, 2018, 04:34:35 PM
My issue was that he wanted my card details but would not confirm the amount he was putting on it. Seemed a bit "hostile" when I wouldn`t give him my card and would also not confirm that we would be camping together as he may move us about due to another large party also there that weekend ?

Said nothing about wet weather to me though? Maybe that was the other party? But that's a perfectly understandable rule adopted by most of the smaller sites these days as they are trying to protect their land from becoming a swamp with the deluge of British weather  ;)

Remember Marlbank a few years back?   ;D

I don't know what you want me to say. We're only human. I have explained his thoughts above ^ No one else has let me know of any problems - nor did the landlord. Only your booking experience, unfortunately, has been a negative one.

We will be together - that is something that was confirmed during our phone call last night.

Moving on...

• Buggy Veteran
  • Birmingham
  • mk1 GP
    • Beach Buggy Brummies
Reply #29 on: June 12, 2018, 04:43:22 PM
Just as confirmation, the following have paid and (all being well) will be at NEWS.

Keith and Vicky
Lawson and Alison
Paul and Jude
Farmer Rob and crew
Denise and Martin
Paul and Jude
Gary and Tiff
Dave DND and Liz?

They are waiting for payment for hook ups from the following. If you do not want a hook up space, please let me know. They can not keep these free for forever and will soon be offering these to others.

Doug and Grace
Vanessa and Allan
Dave and Gail
Shaggy and Pam
Chad, Ruth, Alex and Tia

As for the tent spaces, they still have the following down but are less of an issue as you do not require electric.

Kev and Chris
Buggybaggy
Andy R
Mark

Anyone still deciding on whether to go or not, you are more than welcome to add yourself and make a booking!

You can pitch up from 11am onwards.

As an additional update... Snoopy has very kindly stepped in and organised the cruise, which I am very grateful for! Also, Mercury is very kindly putting together a quiz for the Friday night. Thank you so much both!