Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2018, 07:42:17 AM

Finding the previous history of my buggy

This is a discussion for the topic Finding the previous history of my buggy on the board Beach Buggy General Help.

Author Topic: Finding the previous history of my buggy  (Read 1483 times)

this user is online Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 11:22:10 AM
That`s how I remember it.  1200cc 34 bhp ... enough for me  ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Meister
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 11:38:32 AM
That does look really stylish.

There's one for 2,300 awaiting re-birth on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bonito-seraph-1980s-kit-car/253350554287?hash=item3afcdeaaaf:g:xGQAAOSwNWxaJYpA
Hugh

this user is online snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 11:49:00 AM
That`s how I remember it.  1200cc 34 bhp ... enough for me  ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up

Thats a big motor my first buggy came with the earlier 28 bhp motor

this user is online Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Ipswich SUFFOLK
  • DOON LWB
Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 02:20:45 PM
It was quite nice

Pretty sure but with an asthmatic 1200 four banger in the rear...nein  danke!

Even so cruise slowly to shows and accept the looks from those who dont know its a sheep in wolf's clothing
A thing of beauty
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 05:12:40 PM
Not that it helps with any history, but if you CAN prove the history, then DVLA will consider changes

This is their official line so far . . . .

Dear Mr. Watts,

Thank you for your enquiry

The DVLA assess applications case by case on the evidence presented and it is a legal requirement to tell us when alterations have been made to a vehicle. If a keeper has failed in the past to comply with this legal requirement to notify a change of vehicle details the application will be assessed in line with the date the notification was made. Where there is evidence of a previous notification the DVLA will consider the application in line with that date

Best Regards
J Rich

this user is online snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 06:35:53 PM
Their statement does not bode well if a previous owner/ builder has not done any changes on the V5 as they take it from the application date however if they did have a  previous notification why was in not changed back then and would they keep any ignored paperwork on file.

A bit different from the reply than that from the Department of Transport who are the ultimate authority.

this user is offline brigalo

• Buggy Baron
  • manchester
  • green goblin, prowler
Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 06:42:05 PM
Well I've contacted the guy who built my buggy and he says the chassis was from a beetle not a buggy.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #22 on: January 10, 2018, 07:45:51 PM
I think the statement is pretty much as I expected, but it does infer that they are negotiable which I was not actually expecting as a first draught from them.

Gives us a benchmark to work from, and I have asked for more clarification. This response has come from the first line of support, and their job is just to throw it back - it took several months of wearing them down to get a real reply as we did with VHI, so here goes . . . .

;-)up

• Buggy Meister
  • MANX SWB
Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 10:08:07 AM
That does look really stylish.

There's one for 2,300 awaiting re-birth on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bonito-seraph-1980s-kit-car/253350554287?hash=item3afcdeaaaf:g:xGQAAOSwNWxaJYpA

Hi Hugh..... took a look at this.... How I wish I had some land and a big barn.   I squeeze around my buggy build with next to nothing between me and the 4 walls. Can just picture myself in an old barn with power, a wood burning stove of the old cast iron type with the circular top lid that come off, plenty of room to store stuff, a kettle for brewing up.... My wife wouldn`t see me from one year to the next and that would probably suit her too. Ah well I can but dream. Do you watch Shed & Burried"  That would be me ;D ;D

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Meister
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 11:03:00 AM
Paul you're starting to sound a little like you have reclusive hill billy tendencies....

...remember that prolonged isolation and too much of your own thoughts can so easily lead to some pretty hair raising behaviour.

Mind you perhaps this is what the buggy community needs/thrives on ?!
Hugh

this user is offline mad4slalom

• Buggy Meister
  • Near Newquay, cornwall TR2 4 HB
  • Mk1 manta ray
Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 09:17:24 PM
It was quite nice

that is very nearly a muira 👍

• Buggy Meister
  • MANX SWB
Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 07:41:42 AM
Yes.. This was a car you needed to see close up. perfect design in my eyes. The Bonito took the air cooled vw engine and the "nymph" was modified to take a front placed engine. Two colours stood out by a mile... red and of course yellow.

I missed out on a Bonito on ebay  last year. They were asking 6000 and it was pretty near all there parts wise. I couldn`t convince myself to part with this amount of cash even though I know what a fully restored one can be worth. :'( :'(