Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2018, 12:27:27 PM

The end of Beach Buggin'

This is a discussion for the topic The end of Beach Buggin' on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: The end of Beach Buggin'  (Read 2106 times)

this user is online Roadrunner

• Buggy Meister
  • Henlow, Bedfordshire, UK
  • FF LWB
    • FF Buggies
Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 11:10:06 AM
I commented on a Facebook post by the leader of the Portsmouth City Council:
This exchange happened 5 days ago
Gordon Newell
Donna Jones There has been a counter statement back from the BeachBuggin' organisers (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1703585989701215&id=676146715778486), but we have heard nothing back from yourself or the council.

As the BeachBuggin' organisers have stated that they have documentary proof and witnesses to the meeting, it would appear that your events officers are potentially misleading you. It is time for a full investigation into what has happened, and repercussions for anyone members of staff who have mislead the council.
Donna Jones
Gordon I am meeting with the organisers from Beach Buggin next week to move this forward. Fingers crossed we can agree to save this excellent event

Looking for a new buggy shell Go to FF Buggies

Build Thread

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 11:53:34 AM
'This Beach Buggin decision must be available on the minutes of a meeting somewhere so folks can see.'

Snoopy you are right yet there is a real art to writing minutes ie as they are the official record of a meeting, a 'skilled' Council will ensure the record keeper (themselves) neuters and tailors them so much is not officially recorded that won't read later in their favour. Things can be be 'minuted out' and spun. And data protection legislation etc is often touted as reasons why names and personal comments never get recorded...

But in this case it sounds like Donna Jones wants to help.
Hugh

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Ipswich SUFFOLK
  • DOON LWB
Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 12:30:50 PM
Ipswich Borough Council had the bright idea of removing all the bins and dog bins from one of our busiest parks and place a few of those hideous commercial bins near the entrances. This is to save the cost of emptying them.

Guess what, this beautiful park is now knee deep in litter and dog muck. Wonder how much that will cost to clean up, or will they just leave it discouraging even more people from visiting. Maybe if usage drops enough they can sell it for housing
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 01:39:34 PM
That is a very good letter but unfortunaetly it will have little effect

True . .

Whilst a single letter may fall on deaf ears, if multiple attacks are sent to the Councillors, reminding them that they were sent by Voter's, then they tend to sit up and listen a bit more.

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline tansu

• Portsmouth
  • EPC HUSTLER
Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 07:43:40 AM
Guys. Live the n Portsmouth and happy to help out if I can.

A bad day on the water is still better than a good day in the office.

• Buggy Meister
  • FF LWB
    • FF Buggies
Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 04:41:41 PM
tansu, the organisers aren't on this forum, you can contact them through Facebook or the beach buggin website

Build Thread

• Portsmouth
  • EPC HUSTLER
Reply #21 on: March 04, 2018, 09:33:56 AM
Cheers. Iím not on FB and was just offering to assist.

M

this user is offline Melly B.

• Buggy Addict
  • Sussex & Spain
  • GP Mk1 swb
Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 09:41:42 AM
Due to the demise of Beachbuggin, the Southern Dune Buggy Club are holding a new VW event by the sea with plenty of buggies attending, on Sunday 19 August 2018 in Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN175LG. Its approx. 30 miles to the east of Southsea, where Beachbuggin was held.
The show is called Dubs by the Beach, 10am-5pm, buggies £5, VW's £10, full details here
http://dubsbythebeach.com/
Buggy anorak. Owned my red GP Mk1 swb for 28 years

• Buggy Meister
  • FF LWB
    • FF Buggies
Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 05:47:12 PM
Beach Buggin' has been replaced by Beach Dubbin' same date and location as before - but don't know if they will be treating Buggies the same as they used to (ie the free entry)

Build Thread

• Buggy Meister
  • FF LWB
    • FF Buggies
Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 05:51:49 PM
I have asked about Buggies, but have just noted that Beach Dubbin' have stated no Vehicle movements until the show has ended at 4pm.  So it'll be a turn up early and leave once the site is cleared.  Not ideal, and I have been stuck at a show in the buggy with bad weather before.

I for one will not attend a show with that criteria again.

Build Thread

• Buggy Meister
  • FF LWB
    • FF Buggies
Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 06:36:14 PM
"Hi Gordon, as our event has now become Beach Dubbin' there will no longer be free entrance for beach buggies, however we do offer club pitch prices of just £5 per car, which I'm sure agree is amazing value compared to other shows and unlike most other shows all monies raised are donated to local charities."

Dubs by the Beach It is then

Build Thread

• Portsmouth
  • EPC HUSTLER
Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 08:06:00 AM
See you there

• Buggy Meister
  • FF LWB
    • FF Buggies
Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 10:29:55 AM
After more comments with the organisers.

The Main arena is for Clubs, Traders and show and shine only.  Show and shine is pre-booked and limited to 30 vehicles per class.  There is no Beach Buggy class so we would be part of the "other air-cooled class".

There is a 2nd arena with low speed vehicle movement and entry allowed at any time.  This has it's own show and shine trophy. 

I read 2nd arena as what was the carpark last year and the trophy as best in carpark.

I for one won't be attending this show as they have moved to something I am not interested in attending, shame really but they have had to jump through hoops.

I will attend the SDBc Little Hampton show instead (Dubs by the Beach)

Build Thread