Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 06:28:31 AM

One year on.......

This is a discussion for the topic One year on....... on the board Pier Pressure 2016.

Author Topic: One year on.......  (Read 507 times)

this user is offline Chad

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Kempsey, Worcestershire
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
on: August 24, 2017, 12:38:57 PM

This week marks the 1 year anniversary of the end of our mad 10 day Pier Pressure challenge and also marks the official end of our fundraising through this particular adventure.

I can therefore officially announce that Pier Pressure 2016 raised 15,286.00 for our 3 chosen charities.

Each charity will receive just over 5,000 each and we couldn't be any happier with this, considering our target was to raise around 3000 in total when we first thought of the idea.

Ruth, Alex, George and myself would like to thank everyone who helped and contributed to our fundraiser. It means more than you will ever know.

However there are some special thanks that need a mention.

Firstly Lee Southerton from Volksmagic. Without his relentless help the total would have been less than half of what it was, sorting out business sponsers, t-shirt sales, sweatshirt printing and donnating parts. Also for going above and beyond to help start my fickle re-built engine very early one morning on the way to work and providing continued use of his workshop and staff whenever we needed it on the run up to the event. Simply amazing.
Steven Davis for repairing my engine when all looked lost a couple of weeks before we set off and refusing payment.
Absolute Control Signs & Graphics Limited for doing all the livery on the two buggies and giving up a whole 2 days form their busy schedule
Peter Mario Whiteside for sorting out a mahassive discount with Travel Lodge for us
Andrew D Robinson for providing all the flyers, business cards and event banners.
Ian Oliver at Beeltemagic for stopping everything he was doing to make a lightening repair and swap out my Alternator on busy Day 8 of our challenge
Ian Craddock for cutting off his lovely flowing long locks and donnating the proceeds to the cause
Gary Martin, Emma Barker Chris Barker Jan Snowball Michael Burlinson for manning the tables at Slough Swap Meet and bringing in over a 1000
Patrick Hermans and Thomas Schmied for translating and explaining our challenge to our europeans buggy family, resulting in over another 1000 euro donnation
Dave Dnd for providing another repair stop at hi splace and his Beachbuggy.info forum for providing an invaluable resource on which to share ideas, promote the challenge and host the pictures and write up.
I can't forget Martin Wilkinson Martin Dando Peter Baggott Rob Clarke and Alison Wilkinson, my old band mukkas who came out of a ten year retirement just for the challenge, to reheasre and play a one off re-union gig on day 8 to raise over 400 for the cause
GSF Car Parts for providing the two buggies with a spares box each for the journey
Dave Fisher for covering the ferry costs to and from the Isle of Wight
And of course to the Midland Buggy Club, The Southern buggy Club and all our beach buggy friends around the country for comming out to support us on each and every turn of the journey.
We would also like to thank my work Sandwell Council who promoted our challenge across all media forms and provided a brilliant start and finish gathering in the square outside the main Council House.
And finally a huge thanks to all but one of the piers, their staff and their visitors for making all so welcome, providing access to places we thought were impossible to get to, providing refreshments and organising press calls all the way around.

We have some wonderful memories and some great people we are proud to call friends.

Please, if we have missed someone it is not on purpose, you know you have our deepest thanks. It is still really a bit of a blur in all honesty and at my age, memory isn't what it used to be... :-)

Chad
xxxxx
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Meister
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 02:09:51 PM
15,286 is simple bostin' !
Hugh

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 02:31:15 PM
Well done guys, and I am proud to have played a small part in it. 

I thought you might have made a special mention of Miss Stroppy Pants in your summing up though  ;D

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 03:23:55 PM
Great to pass the target by a considerable ammount  ;-)up

this user is offline Big GP

• Buggy Baron
  • Essex
  • Sidewinder
    • Southern Dune Buggy Club
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 07:43:59 AM
Brilliant news, pleased to have been a part of it. Everyone should feel very proud

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Lord
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 09:23:39 AM
A big thumbs up from me Chad  ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up