Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 06:27:40 AM

MBC Christmas Party Night, Saturday 2nd December 2017

This is a discussion for the topic MBC Christmas Party Night, Saturday 2nd December 2017 on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: MBC Christmas Party Night, Saturday 2nd December 2017  (Read 2551 times)

this user is offline lee74

• Beach Buggy
  • Solihull
  • arse chopped mk1 GP & an FF in bits
Reply #75 on: December 03, 2017, 07:24:32 PM
Pam n Van.... you did a blinding job to pull this off and create such a fab night It was 'Simply Loveleh' xx Be seeing you xx soon
I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

this user is offline Oojamaflip

• Beach Buggy
  • Tamworth
  • Californian
Reply #76 on: December 03, 2017, 09:08:57 PM
I only took a few snaps as phone cameras struggle in Motown lighting conditions but they show Allan, Vanessa and Kath in good spirits:

The only picture I have that is worthwhile is of Hugh donning what can only be described as an partly Orange tie  :D

Is this a future insight to Hugh's fleet  :o

I wonder

But once again that has been said many times Thankyou to Pam and Vanessa for taking time to organise a Great night.  ;-)(-;
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:11:13 PM by Oojamaflip »
Apparently I'm having a mid-life crisis....Lasted 30 years thus far.

LWB buggy SWB girlfriend

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Meister
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #77 on: December 03, 2017, 09:28:22 PM
'... Hugh donning what can only be described as an partly Orange tie...'

Yes and it had worrying traces of green as well now I've reviewed the footage. Just goes to show one can't be too careful about how you dress and others will see you even at the Xmas 'staff party'.

But more seriously it was great all the men shifted up a sartorial gear to complement the beautifully attired ladies.
Hugh

this user is offline Leebow

• Buggy Addict
  • Macclesfield
  • Sidewinder(the Kermit)
Reply #78 on: December 03, 2017, 09:31:09 PM
Thanks to Vanessa and Pam for such a great evening very well organised and a very nice hotel ;-)up looking forward to next time 😀

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Meister
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #79 on: December 04, 2017, 05:58:57 PM
Christmas came early for me with two generous gifts.

1] A soft smiley pad that Keith & Vicky encouraged me to squeeze. Knowing my tenancy to need regular buggy help I anticipated that this was some form of emergency signalling device that would then summon Keith, where ever he was, to yet again get me going again. Indeed it was a device that could be employed in emergency circumstances but, without wishing to sound remotely ungrateful, I found its MO was to emit a disturbing laugh presumably to give realistic comfort in times of need (ie you're stuffed mate best call recovery). Thank you Keith and Vicky - I shall think of you regularly !   

2] A far classier object from Dave M. Proof I am in the 'Sidewinder Club' along with the Midlands No1 Sidewinder driven by Vanessa and Manchester's very own 'OCD Sidewinder' Krug. Illustrious company indeed.

Humbled by this extremely generous Xmas present - thanks Dave - I have yet to decide whether to add it above the existing VW symbol or have it stand alone. And then whether to have it with the gold effect insert:

or to remove this and have the shells yellow come through the powerful Sidewinder snake head:

I think I prefer the latter viz the yellow showing through - can't have too much yellow !

I'm hoping we can entice the winner of the IBW furthest traveled buggy (Arran) to consider coming down - with or without his sporran - to next years MBC Xmas do. If he's up for it then everyone in the UK should consider joining in. Anyone coming by train to New Street Brum can surely be collected and transported to the hotel by MBC regulars.

Hugh