Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 08, 2021, 09:46:34 PM

distributor drive gear

This is a discussion for the topic distributor drive gear on the board Beach Buggy Engine and Exhaust Help.

Author Topic: distributor drive gear  (Read 379 times)

this user is offline Aldo24

• Bradford
  • Fibre fab rat
on: August 19, 2017, 10:06:38 PM
drive gear has dropped down into engine can still feel it but not driving distributor is there something wrong in engine

this user is offline farmer rob

• Buggy Meister
  • northants
  • SWB Rat
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 10:37:07 PM
The dizzy only engages with the drive by about an 1/8ins so I wonder if you have put the 'two' thrust washers under the dizzy drive, which holds it up that bit. Turn the rotor arm round in the dizzy and press down until it engages with the drive, it should then go down that extra 1/8ins until the dizzy clamp is trapped between the dizzy and engine case ;-)up

Rob

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:46:59 AM
One not of caution do not turn the engine over to see if it is engaged as it needs the distributor or fuel pump and rod to keep it engaged as stripping the brass gear is easily done.

this user is offline fugglededumm

• Buggy Baron
  • IOW
  • UVA Fugitive
Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 05:46:22 PM
I had this issue when the bolt that you tighten to clamp the dizzy in place was bent. As I tightened it it twisted the bracket and lifted the distributor out of engagement. As you look at the distributor the plate/clamp needs to sit absolutely flat on the engine case. You only have 2mm or so and it's out.