Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 05, 2021, 04:17:15 PM

Oiling air filter element

This is a discussion for the topic Oiling air filter element on the board Beach Buggy Engine and Exhaust Help.

Author Topic: Oiling air filter element  (Read 263 times)

this user is offline mad4slalom

• Buggy Meister
  • Near Newquay, cornwall TR2 4 HB
  • Mk1 manta ray
on: May 29, 2017, 11:59:23 AM
Hi , since i changed my modified oilbath filter back to a standard one , i hadnt refilled the oil bath as i wanted to test it first. Instead og using the oilbath, i was wondering if there is a reason i  couldnt just spray some k ann air filter elemnt oil onto the coconut fibre in the oilbath filter, and if so could i just spray it into the air intake whilst engine running , the intake air has to go through the filter so oil should coat the coconut fibre ? Any thoughts

this user is offline Peter

• Buggy Veteran
  • Kent
  • Manx2 UK-00-25
    • Your Buggy's
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 04:17:37 PM
Any thoughts

Nope!  ;-)up  But I  guess you won't know until you try, sounds like a good idea to me
if only to see if it helps trap some dusty rubbish, or not  ;-)up

I'd give that a go....  :)
'We desperately need to bring nature and green, back into contact with people'

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 04:30:54 PM
Buggy owning is a learning curve so give it a try and post the results

• Buggy Meister
  • Mk1 manta ray
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 11:08:18 AM
Fired up the buggy this morning , got it warm and sprayed a bit of k and n filter oil into the intake, which dropped the reves a bit but picked straight up again , no oil smoke from wxhausts so raised revs to a fast idle and gave her a couple more blasts, wiped the excess from inside the intake . Just feel i have a first line of defence, although nothing very big would get through the coconut husk stuff this oil  should trap dust, wanted to run the oilbath empty as to remove it i have to juggle it round at different angles  and didnt want to be spilling oil over my engine etc. 👍

• Buggy Meister
  • Mk1 manta ray
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 12:22:44 AM
Fired up the buggy this morning , got it warm and sprayed a bit of k and n filter oil into the intake, which dropped the reves a bit but picked straight up again , no oil smoke from wxhausts so raised revs to a fast idle and gave her a couple more blasts, wiped the excess from inside the intake . Just feel i have a first line of defence, although nothing very big would get through the coconut husk stuff this oil  should trap dust, wanted to run the oilbath empty as to remove it i have to juggle it round at different angles  and didnt want to be spilling oil over my engine etc. 👍
Checked the air filter today when i disconnected my electric choke, the air filter oil i sprayed into the air cleaner has coated the interior really well and even a couple of mm deep covering of oil in the bottom of the bath, surprised at the amount of debris it had trapped, so working pretty well .👍