Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2019, 01:01:29 PM

Dave DND and my Hustler GT

This is a discussion for the topic Dave DND and my Hustler GT on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: Dave DND and my Hustler GT  (Read 181539 times)

this user is offline pepsi81

• Buggy Meister
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #795 on: July 14, 2018, 01:51:10 AM

Purple is the future yellow 👍

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #796 on: September 02, 2019, 10:56:06 PM
Its been a while since I needed to do any repairs to my Buggy, but there has been a job looming on the cards for a while now.

As you may or may not know, my Alternator fell off in Holland whilst waiting for the ferry, and it was quickly fixed over here using one of the earlier brackets I had when mocking it all up. Time, however, to try and do a proper repair.

Looking at the stainless bracket that fractured, it hardly looks as if there was any weld penetration at all and I am surprised that it has been on there for the last few years without a previous incident. However, the two surfaces looked really clean and mated together perfectly, so it gave me an idea.

Following my MIG welding course I did a while back, Lisa bought me a TIG welder for my birthday and as I cannot find anyone around here to teach me how to use it, I have been messing about with little bits and trying to teach myself how it all works. This was the first piece I have attacked in anger, so just bear that in mind before laughing at the state of it. Rough as it is, its still better than the crap weld that my mate Bill did that failed.

Once the welds have been cleaned up and polished, it didn`t look too bad, besides, its difficult to see it on the car anyway. The belts all lined up perfectly and better still, a quick thrash around the block and the belt was still in place when I returned.
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #797 on: September 03, 2019, 07:28:47 AM
Looks sufficiently blingy to me and also ‘solid’.

Well done on some original repair work.

What are the opening hours of DND Welding Services and do they have National 24 hour call out capabilities ?
Hugh

this user is offline simon-dubman

• Buggy Addict
  • Chesterfield
  • Powerbug body with Flip up bonnet
    • dubhauschesterfield
Reply #798 on: September 03, 2019, 03:22:01 PM
Hey Dave

Have you checked out YouTube and looked at The Fabrication Series ? Guys knows his stuff and runs through many aspects of TIG welding, and machine set ups etc.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #799 on: September 03, 2019, 03:40:13 PM
Have you checked out YouTube and looked at The Fabrication Series ? Guys knows his stuff and runs through many aspects of TIG welding, and machine set ups etc.

Not seen that series as yet, but will search it out and have a look   ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk