Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 02:49:23 PM

Swanage, The FINAL list

This is a discussion for the topic Swanage, The FINAL list on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: Swanage, The FINAL list  (Read 17071 times)

this user is offline madmatt

• Buggy Obsessed
  • bath/frome
  • sidewinder
Reply #105 on: July 30, 2017, 08:34:32 PM
Wedon Flags and co. Top weekend again,might look a miserable tw.t, but loving buggying and the buggers. 8)
The more you know,the more you know you don't know

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #106 on: July 30, 2017, 10:17:21 PM
cracking weekend thanks to Flags and Karen also need to mention dj Jazy and Jan for the entertainment Saturday evening.
a big thanks to all who attended great to catch up with old faces and meet some new ones.

a few excessively damp periods did not dampen the spirits.

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #107 on: July 31, 2017, 08:52:45 AM
I totally agree Snoopy.

The weather actually did come through for most of the weekend and most importantly for the parade. The really heavy stuff only arrived at night when I believe many were able to shelter indoors with a very friendly crowd of 70s time warpers !
Hugh

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #108 on: July 31, 2017, 11:03:45 AM
Popped my Swanage cherry and really liked it
Echo the thanks above
Having a break at Thurrock services after a great drive so far, last leg now
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

this user is offline AndyRobinson

• ... and NO!!! Its not a hairdressers car! ;)
  • Buggy Prince
  • Leighton Buzzard
  • '65 Blue Sidewinder
    • www.print465.com - Great Value Print & Design
Reply #109 on: July 31, 2017, 01:39:08 PM
Got home this morning, (left camp at 630am) and now back at my desk for the final hours of Print465 before starting new job tomorrow.

Anyway, fantastic weekend as always. OK we had a little bit of drizzle over the weekend, I had a bit of a delayed journey down there. BUT I still think it was one of the best ones yet.  What really made it was the disco party on the Saturday Night - got to be a must for next year!!! Flags said he would be very happy to organise the buffet again (though I fear there may be some delegation involved in that!) and of course the great disco from Jazzy and Snowy. And as for The Dancing Queen Micky B.....who knew!?!?!?

Well done everyone!

PS I heard a rumour of 44 buggies on the parade? Will confirm later on.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 05:41:03 PM by AndyRobinson »
My Youtube channel
1965 Blue metal flake Sidewinder
Proudly BOUGHT not BUILT .... but rebuilt it anyway!!!

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #110 on: July 31, 2017, 04:49:49 PM
Someone counted 43 while we were stacked in the car park, then Hugh and Rick drove in making it 45, but it was mad Dave doing the counting  ;)

I left just after Andy this morning, 6 1/4 hours and a great drive to about 3 miles from Ipswich.  Took so long because at every stop people just kept coming over for a chinwag, really enjoyed the drive home as a fitting finale to a great weekend.  I had already been in Swanage for a week so am really looking forward to a bed that I fit in.  Dog was please to see me.

Outside Ipswich traffic stopped, there had been a bad crash on the A14 and it took me another 1 1/2 hours to do the last 12 miles, but sun was out so jacket off and I felt really dry for the first time this week - dont know if it was the weather or popping my cherry made me damp all the time.  Does anyone else find the signs that say congestion and just give a road and junction number useless? I dont have a clue what the junction numbers are. If they had said Ipswich (E) I would have avoided it making the queue one car shorter and getting a very tired bugger off the road quicker.

Great time and thanks all
Dave
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #111 on: July 31, 2017, 06:30:09 PM
Dave the mental images of you popping cherrys and dampness aren't pleasant ! But great your dog was pleased to see you.

43, 44 or 45 buggys is up on last year and pretty darn impressive. I'm so pleased for the parade organisers that the weather cleared for the event so the crowds and performers (not so much us as the ones who had spent probably weeks on getting ready) were brought together - hopefully for charities and local businesses benefits.

Andy - hope the new job goes well and doesn't interfere with you buggy activities.
Hugh

this user is offline mm289

• Buggy Addict
  • Dover, Kent
  • Predator
Reply #112 on: July 31, 2017, 07:11:18 PM
Yep, great weekend, well done to all involved.

Got back to Kent safely, journey wasn't as bad as Daves but it took over an hour to get to Ringwood - just solid at 11:00!

Looking forward to next year, and hopefully the campervan makes it as well next time!!

Cheers,

Paul. :P
Predator 1600TP
1986 T25 Panel Van 1.9TD
1989 T25 Autosleeper 2.1 WBX (project)
1978 Late Bay Camper (even bigger poject)
1949 Dodge Business Coupe (older but better nick than the 'Bay!)
2008 Bullitt Mustang

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #113 on: July 31, 2017, 10:54:57 PM
After our police imposed detour it seems the MBC route to Swanage needs to include zig zag hill by Compton Abbas. Could be another Dusseldorf tunnels visit where several both way drives were required to check it was enjoyable.

this user is offline Dave-Dream

• Buggy Baron
  • Tamworth
  • Sidewinder
Reply #114 on: August 01, 2017, 02:20:02 AM
Someone counted 43 while we were stacked in the car park, then Hugh and Rick drove in making it 45, but it was mad Dave doing the counting  ;)

It was an exact 44 buggies. Hugh Was 43 then the guy who won the 1200 award made 44 last minute. I counted twice and added the 2 late arrivals  ;-)up BOOMIN

this user is offline Zip Buggy

• Buggy Meister
  • Bourne, Lincs
  • FF Buggy LWB
    • Zip Buddy
Reply #115 on: August 01, 2017, 02:31:29 AM

It was an exact 44 buggies. Hugh Was 43 then the guy who won the 1200 award made 44 last minute. I counted twice and added the 2 late arrivals  ;-)up BOOMIN

That's a cracking turnout. Just sorry I couldn't have made it 45.
Who needs prozac when you can drive a buggy?

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #116 on: August 01, 2017, 07:16:13 AM
Yes Mark we missed you but as long as your buggy is OK !

Snoopy - '...where several both way drives were required to check it was enjoyable.' Well it was brilliant going up those zigzags but not sure I'd feel so chirpy trusting my 1967 brakes and steering mechanism on the downward journey...
Hugh

this user is offline Zip Buggy

• Buggy Meister
  • Bourne, Lincs
  • FF Buggy LWB
    • Zip Buddy
Reply #117 on: August 01, 2017, 01:31:12 PM
Yes Mark we missed you but as long as your buggy is OK !

Buggy is all good thanks Hugh. Just stacked out with work. Normally my quiet time of year but it's gone nuts. Not complaining businesswise. Unfortunately not good for my social life  :(
Who needs prozac when you can drive a buggy?

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #118 on: August 03, 2017, 06:48:16 PM
The new image sharing site seems to be 'postimg.com' so I'll try out a few Swanage images...

Alan & Keith fixing Vanessa's shock absorber on the way down - there's always a chirpy chappie willing to spectate on such ocassions:

Weather on Friday arrival:

A few Saturday morning:

Not a lot one can say really:

Weather Sunday morning:

Waiting for the start of the parade:

The sun did shine and the crowds were there:

Hugh

this user is offline pepsi81

• Buggy Meister
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #119 on: August 03, 2017, 06:59:25 PM