Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 07, 2020, 07:39:13 PM

Thanks

This is a discussion for the topic Thanks on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 3171 times)

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
on: August 01, 2017, 10:23:42 AM
Hi Folks.

Iíve got to say a big thanks again for making it a great weekend even though it was mildly moist at times.

Iíve had some feedback from a few locals that attended the carnival procession and they all said that the Beach Buggies at the start set the atmosphere for the rest of the parade so well done you lot.

The Football club are very, very happy with the funds we have put into the club this year which includes camping/donations for parking this is the largest part, and totals about £900.  The Disco/Buffet, which after costs raised about £140 plus the breakfast and bar takings. 

From what I picked up from you on the weekend is that we keep the format fairly much the same for next year?  All comments either public or by email are welcome.

Fancy Dress theme has been fairly much fixed as Pop/Rock/Music Icons from any period; I can see 40 plus Elvis/Madonna combinations already.  That gives you a year to sort out the costumes so no excuses that you didnít know.   

Results from the prize giving are:-

Driversí choice Ė Steve (Frome Flyer)
Best Idea Ė Chad for the whole Doon concept
Trailer Queen - Patrick as he actually needs to trailer it
Dancing Queen Ė Micky B, He danced his butt off all night
Chromophobic Ė Paul (mm289) but he needs to get rid of the chrome cheese grater
1200 and Proud Ė The Governor, after a service on Fri he drove half the cruise on 3 pots so technically it was a 1200 and he was proud to make it that far.

For those in the know Iím still munching my way through the voting slips that had my name, my registration and that voted for me! 

Iíll happily run with it next year but will ask for volunteers to take on a few of the tasks like T-Shirts, Buffet/Disco tickets and the Cruise, Jazzy has already poked his head above the parapet for the Sounds.

Finally another thank to you all and a special mention to Jazzy & Snowy for the Disco Disco Disco and to my glamorous Admin/Beer assistant Karen for the help.

See you all on the Weekend of the 28th-29th July 2018 for Swanage 2.0 Reloaded?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:34:52 PM by Chad »

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:41:29 AM
Forgot to add Ang - Work in Progress award on the Baja GT.

this user is offline juicylucy

• Beach Buggy
  • Abinger Common, Dorking, Surrey
  • Californian
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 12:15:30 PM
Even though it was a little moist, it was a great weekend spent with some great friends.

Just checking are we able to camp from the Thursday again or is it back to Friday?

this user is offline Chad

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Kempsey, Worcestershire
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:37:36 PM
Marvelously NOT organised once again Flags. 

To set the ball rolling I'll take on T-shirt duties - deisgn, ordering and money collection.

Brilliant time and the wet stuff really didn't dampen anything for me.

Chad
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is online fromeflyer

• Beach Buggy
  • sidewinder
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 04:46:30 PM
Thanks for organising everything Flags & Admin Assistant - we really loved the weekend.
Didn't expect for one minute to come away with drivers choice & I was really humbled by everyone & grateful for the trophy.
Roll on 2018!

this user is offline Roadrunner

• Buggy Meister
  • Henlow, Bedfordshire, UK
  • FF LWB
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 07:05:18 PM
Thanks for another awesome (if not a little wet) Swanage weekend, looking forward to the next one already.

this user is online snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 08:06:12 PM
Well done to the team on the ground the ones upstairs did not do to well on 25C and clear skies, but very enjoyable even in the rain.

44 is a great turn out.

this user is offline AndyRobinson

• ... and NO!!! Its not a hairdressers car! ;)
  • Buggy Prince
  • Leighton Buzzard
  • '65 Blue Sidewinder
    • www.print465.com - Great Value Print & Design
Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 09:48:15 PM
Well.. for me there was a risk of it being overall one of the worst swanage weekends. Weather is always an important element for buggy weekends. The rain on a Friday and Saturday did put a damper on it, that and a personally crap journey down.

But no!!!! Without doubt it was a brilliant weekend. The party really made it to a fantastic one. Honestly I will look back on it as being the best Swanage yet!!. So that just shows it's so much more than just good weather that makes a buggy weekend.

Flags I know we spoken at the end of the night and you weren't sure about number 11 or if there were changes needed. Nope, absolutely not!! Keep it just as it is. That's why we come back year after year! I still class it as my summer holiday! Hopefully now I can spend longer down there!

Volunteers you say? Ok I will gladly help with the buffet tickets! (Please note there was no comma between buffet and tickets!) actually I might be happy to take on both (admin for buffet as we discussed)

Once again well done all and let's hope by the 11th one he's worked out how to organise it!  ;-)up

My Youtube channel
1965 Blue metal flake Sidewinder
Proudly BOUGHT not BUILT .... but rebuilt it anyway!!!

this user is offline Big GP

• Buggy Lord
  • Essex
  • Sidewinder
    • Southern Dune Buggy Club
Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 10:38:48 PM
Flags I didn't participate fully as I had wished but for the time I was there it was fantastic

Is there anything I can help with for next year?